Billy The Kid Country®, Lincoln County, New Mexico
- Jun 25, 2016 Gus Macker 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament more info
- Jun 26, 2016 Bryan Hutchinson Piano Recital more info
- Jun 26, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Jun 26, 2016 Ruidoso Marathon more info
- Jul 1, 2016 Mescalero Ceremonial Dances and Rodeo more info
- Jul 1, 2016 20th Annual Lincoln County Art Loop Studio Tour more info
- Jul 1, 2016 Smokey Bear Stampede more info
- Jul 2, 2016 Swing Dolls more info
- Jul 3, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Jul 4, 2016 Star Spangled Celebration more info
- Jul 7, 2016 Space Oddity more info
- Jul 9, 2016 Fort Stanton Live! more info
- Jul 10, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Jul 14, 2016 Theory of a Deadman more info
- Jul 15, 2016 Princess and the Pea more info
- Jul 17, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Jul 19, 2016 The Furr Ball more info
- Jul 19, 2016 Full Moon Hikes at White Sands more info
- Jul 20, 2016 Full Moon Nights at White Sands more info
- Jul 22, 2016 Ruidoso Art Festival more info
- All Events - View all Events
Welcome to Ruidoso
Located in the cool mountain pines of Southern New Mexico, Ruidoso's beautiful alpine setting is surrounded by over a million acres of wilderness and national forest ideal for hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking. Have a look at the beauty that surrounds us.
Summer brings horse racing to the Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and scenic gondola rides to the top of Sierra Blanca where you can enjoy the beauty of the Lincoln National Forest and the White Mountain Wilderness. Golf at one of our spectacular mountain courses; each situated against breathtaking back-drops. In the winter, Ski Apache, the southern-most ski resort in the United States, offers warm-weather powder skiing and many family-friendly activities.
Any season is the perfect time to wander the boutiques of Ruidoso’s walkable midtown shopping district for unique clothing, art and hand-crafted Native American and designer jewelry. And there are plenty of fabulous restaurants and bars to keep your palate happy! You can also immerse yourself in the history of Billy the Kid Country by discovering historic Lincoln and Fort Stanton, where the Wild West lives on.
At the end of the day, do what Ruidoso does best: Find a cabin in the woods, a full resort or a luxury vacation rental and put your feet up on the deck, take time to visit with the wildlife, enjoy the cool breeze, and revel in the scenic beauty of our mountain village.