Billy The Kid Country®, Lincoln County, New Mexico
- Apr 19, 2014 Hank and My Honky Tonk Heroes more info
- Apr 22, 2014 Spatula Omnibus more info
- Apr 25, 2014 Wicked Women of New Mexico more info
- Apr 26, 2014 High Mesa Artist Studio Tour more info
- May 1, 2014 Hondo Iris Farm Extravaganza more info
- May 2, 2014 Smokey Bear's 70th Birthday Celebration more info
- May 3, 2014 Gary Lewis & The Playboys more info
- May 15, 2014 Aspencash Motorcycle Rally more info
- May 16, 2014 Aspencash Motorcycle Rally more info
- All Events - View all Events
Welcome to Ruidoso
An intriguing combination of the old west and the contemporary; the natural world and the man-made environment, Ruidoso is the perfect place for the nostalgic at heart and the adventurer. Early home to the Jornada Mogollon pueblo people and nomadic Apache tribes, it was given the name Rio Ruidoso, or "Noisy Water," when the Spanish first settled in the area in the 16th century. Since that time it has developed into a veritable crossroads of culture and the last escape of those who have learned that sometimes you have to get away to get things done.
Pristine and removed from the hustle and bustle of the outside world, the mountain top village has emerged as a premier resort destination of the Southwest, offering four season recreation, breathtaking views and perfectly suited meeting and lodging accommodations. But while nature trails and quaint western storefronts create an atmosphere of warmth and familiarity, world class entertainment and the influx of people from all nations help keep the area -nestled on the pine-studded eastern slope of the Sacramento Mountains- engaged and always on the cusp.