Billy The Kid Country®, Lincoln County, New Mexico
- Jul 24, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Jul 30, 2016 Ruidoso Grindstone Trail Runs more info
- Jul 30, 2016 Stoney LaRue more info
- Jul 31, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Aug 3, 2016 2016 Lincoln County Fair more info
- Aug 4, 2016 Alto Artists Studio Tour more info
- Aug 5, 2016 Old Lincoln Days more info
- Aug 6, 2016 Tanya Tucker more info
- Aug 6, 2016 Mountain Man Challenge more info
- Aug 7, 2016 Sundays Under the Stars more info
- Aug 7, 2016 Tanya Tucker more info
- Aug 12, 2016 Jimmy Osmond more info
- Aug 13, 2016 Carrizozo Festival of Light and Artist Studio Tour more info
- Aug 14, 2016 Carrizozo Festival of Light and Artist Studio Tour more info
- Aug 17, 2016 Full Moon Hikes at White Sands more info
- Aug 18, 2016 Full Moon Nights at White Sands more info
- Aug 20, 2016 Rich Little more info
- All Events - View all Events
Welcome to Ruidoso
Located in the cool mountain pines of Southern New Mexico, Ruidoso's beautiful alpine setting is surrounded by over a million acres of wilderness and national forest ideal for hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking. Have a look at the beauty that surrounds us.
Summer brings horse racing to the Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and scenic gondola rides to the top of Sierra Blanca where you can enjoy the beauty of the Lincoln National Forest and the White Mountain Wilderness. Golf at one of our spectacular mountain courses; each situated against breathtaking back-drops. In the winter, Ski Apache, the southern-most ski resort in the United States, offers warm-weather powder skiing and many family-friendly activities.
Any season is the perfect time to wander the boutiques of Ruidoso’s walkable midtown shopping district for unique clothing, art and hand-crafted Native American and designer jewelry. And there are plenty of fabulous restaurants and bars to keep your palate happy! You can also immerse yourself in the history of Billy the Kid Country by discovering historic Lincoln and Fort Stanton, where the Wild West lives on.
At the end of the day, do what Ruidoso does best: Find a cabin in the woods, a full resort or a luxury vacation rental and put your feet up on the deck, take time to visit with the wildlife, enjoy the cool breeze, and revel in the scenic beauty of our mountain village.