Billy The Kid Country®, Lincoln County, New Mexico
- Nov 26, 2014 Michael Hurd Exhibit - Drawings and Watercolors more info
- Nov 27, 2014 Winter Park Snow Tubing Opening Day more info
- Nov 27, 2014 Ski Apache Opening Day! more info
- Nov 28, 2014 Sleigh Rides in Ruidoso more info
- Nov 29, 2014 Gerardo Ortiz @ IMG more info
- Dec 4, 2014 Christmas in the Park more info
- Dec 5, 2014 Ruidoso Winter Music Festival more info
- Dec 5, 2014 The Four Preps Christmas Show more info
- Dec 5, 2014 Gary Allan @ IMG more info
- Dec 6, 2014 Ruidoso Parade of Lights more info
- Dec 6, 2014 Cowboy Ball more info
- Dec 6, 2014 Ruidoso Winter Music Festival more info
- Dec 7, 2014 Ruidoso Winter Music Festival more info
- Dec 11, 2014 Flying J Wranglers' Christmas Special more info
- Dec 13, 2014 Ruidoso Winter Music Festival more info
- Dec 19, 2014 Nutcracker Ballet at the Spencer Theater more info
- Dec 20, 2014 The Nutcracker Ballet at the Spencer Theater more info
- Dec 20, 2014 Ski Apache Dummy Gelunde Competition more info
- Dec 20, 2014 Ski Apache Torch Light Parade more info
- All Events - View all Events
Welcome to Ruidoso
Ruidoso is a jewel of a getaway located in the cool mountain pines of Southern New Mexico. Our beautiful alpine setting is surrounded by over a million acres of wilderness and national forest ideal for hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Summer brings horse racing to the Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and scenic gondola rides to the top of Sierra Blanca where you can enjoy the beauty of the Lincoln National Forest and the White Mountain Wilderness. Golf at one of our spectacular mountain courses; each situated against breathtaking back-drops. In the winter, Ski Apache, the southern-most ski resort in the United States, offers warm-weather powder skiing and many family-friendly activities.
Any season is the perfect time to wander the boutiques of Ruidoso’s walkable midtown shopping district for unique clothing, art and hand-crafted Native American and designer jewelry. And there are plenty of fabulous restaurants and bars to keep your palate happy! You can also immerse yourself in the history of Billy the Kid Country by discovering historic Lincoln and Fort Stanton, where the Wild West lives on.
At the end of the day, do what Ruidoso does best: Find a cabin in the woods, a full resort or a luxury vacation rental and put your feet up on the deck, take time to visit with the wildlife, enjoy the cool breeze, and revel in the scenic beauty of our mountain village.