Billy The Kid Country®, Lincoln County, New Mexico
- Jul 2, 2015 Smokey Bear Stampede more info
- Jul 3, 2015 Two Rivers Arts and Crafts Festival more info
- Jul 3, 2015 Mescalero Ceremonial Dances and Rodeo more info
- Jul 3, 2015 20th Annual Lincoln County Art Loop Studio Tour more info
- Jul 11, 2015 Fort Stanton Live! more info
- Jul 24, 2015 Ruidoso Art Festival more info
- Jul 25, 2015 Ruidoso Grindstone Trail Runs more info
- All Events - View all Events
Welcome to Ruidoso
Ruidoso is a jewel of a getaway located in the cool mountain pines of Southern New Mexico. Our beautiful alpine setting is surrounded by over a million acres of wilderness and national forest ideal for hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Summer brings horse racing to the Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and scenic gondola rides to the top of Sierra Blanca where you can enjoy the beauty of the Lincoln National Forest and the White Mountain Wilderness. Golf at one of our spectacular mountain courses; each situated against breathtaking back-drops. In the winter, Ski Apache, the southern-most ski resort in the United States, offers warm-weather powder skiing and many family-friendly activities.
Any season is the perfect time to wander the boutiques of Ruidoso’s walkable midtown shopping district for unique clothing, art and hand-crafted Native American and designer jewelry. And there are plenty of fabulous restaurants and bars to keep your palate happy! You can also immerse yourself in the history of Billy the Kid Country by discovering historic Lincoln and Fort Stanton, where the Wild West lives on.
At the end of the day, do what Ruidoso does best: Find a cabin in the woods, a full resort or a luxury vacation rental and put your feet up on the deck, take time to visit with the wildlife, enjoy the cool breeze, and revel in the scenic beauty of our mountain village.