A Short Sample of Lincoln County Art Exhibits
Ruidoso and Lincoln County have long celebrated art and artisans past and present, so keep your eyes peeled for the many other artistic discoveries tucked away in unexpected places. Here’s a short sampling of Lincoln County art exhibits to help get you started.
- Hubbard Museum of the American West: The Hubbard hosts traveling exhibitions that feature photography, fiber arts, mixed media, sculpture and painting. 26301 Hwy 70 West, Ruidoso Downs. 575-378-4142
- Fort Stanton State Historic Site: Throughout the year, art in various mediums is exhibited at Fort Stanton. 104 Kit Carson Road, Fort Stanton
- Spencer Theater of the Performing Arts: The Spencer Theater houses the largest private collection of Dale Chihuly glass sculptures in the Southwest. Dale Chihuly’s variegated glass sculptures, blazing with color and squirming with life, are considered the foremost glass art in the world. 108 Spencer Rd., Alto. 575-336-4800
- Hurd La Rinconada Gallery: Located on the family's ranch in San Patricio, the gallery is home to the spectacular works of three generations of the Hurd Family: Peter, Henriette Wyeth and their son Michael, and Andrew and N.C. Wyeth. 800-658-6912
- Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino: Not your typical museum setting, but there's a stunning collection of Native American art on display both inside and out at this luxury resort property. Featured Apache artists include Frederick Peso, Allan Houser, Jordan Torres, and many others.