Billy The Kid Country®, Lincoln County, New Mexico
- May 28, 2016 Sandi Patty more info
- May 28, 2016 Memorial Day Bash at Ski Apache more info
- Jun 4, 2016 The DooWop Project more info
- Jun 4, 2016 The Oak Ridge Boys more info
- Jun 10, 2016 Wind Rider Music Festival more info
- Jun 11, 2016 The Texas Tenors more info
- Jun 11, 2016 Ruidoso Pickleball Championship more info
- Jun 11, 2016 Wind Rider Music Festival more info
- Jun 18, 2016 Taste of the Spencer more info
- Jun 19, 2016 Bill Engvall more info
- Jun 24, 2016 Almost Maine more info
- Jun 24, 2016 Art Expo more info
- All Events - View all Events
Welcome to Ruidoso
Ruidoso is a jewel of a getaway located in the cool mountain pines of Southern New Mexico. Our beautiful alpine setting is surrounded by over a million acres of wilderness and national forest ideal for hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking. For a look at the beauty that surrounds us, click here.
Summer brings horse racing to the Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and scenic gondola rides to the top of Sierra Blanca where you can enjoy the beauty of the Lincoln National Forest and the White Mountain Wilderness. Golf at one of our spectacular mountain courses; each situated against breathtaking back-drops. In the winter, Ski Apache, the southern-most ski resort in the United States, offers warm-weather powder skiing and many family-friendly activities.
Any season is the perfect time to wander the boutiques of Ruidoso’s walkable midtown shopping district for unique clothing, art and hand-crafted Native American and designer jewelry. And there are plenty of fabulous restaurants and bars to keep your palate happy! You can also immerse yourself in the history of Billy the Kid Country by discovering historic Lincoln and Fort Stanton, where the Wild West lives on.
At the end of the day, do what Ruidoso does best: Find a cabin in the woods, a full resort or a luxury vacation rental and put your feet up on the deck, take time to visit with the wildlife, enjoy the cool breeze, and revel in the scenic beauty of our mountain village.