Ruidoso Art Scene
50 galleries...no waiting!
Ruidoso is the #1 Art Destination in Southern New Mexico. Galleries and artist's studios abound. The area boasts art events year-round; from fine arts and photography exhibits at the Hubbard Museum of the American West to studio tours, Art Expo's and the area's biggest art event, the juried Ruidoso Art Festival. And don't miss the multiple blown glass installations by Seattle artist Dale Chihuly at the Spencer Theater.
The Ruidoso Valley Chamber of Commerce web site has detailed information on galleries in and around Ruidoso.
Annual Art Events in Lincoln County
- Ruidoso Art Expo: During the last weekend in June, a dozen galleries participate in the Ruidoso Art Expo featuring guest artists, demonstrations and entertainment.
- Lincoln County Art Loop: The oldest of the local self-guided tours, the Lincoln County Art Loop takes place during the first full weekend in July. Over 30 artist studios and galleries participate in over a 100 mile "loop" through Lincoln County.
- Ruidoso Art Festival: This is the most popular Art event in Ruidoso. Held during the last weekend in July, over 120 artists from across the nation participate in this juried fine art show that attracts thousands of art fans. Check out this YouTube video produced by the Ruidoso Valley Chamber of Commerce:
- Alto Artists Studio Tour: This self-guided tour held over the first weekend in August starts off with a reception at the Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts. Several lovely homes open their doors and showcase the art of three to four artists each.
Detailed information on all of these events may be found on our events calendar.
Art Exhibits in Lincoln County
Art exhibits may be found at these Lincoln County locations:
- Hubbard Museum of the American West: The Hubbard hosts traveling exhibitions that feature photography, fiber arts, mixed media, sculpture and painting. 26301 Hwy 70 West, Ruidoso Downs 575-378-4142
- Fort Stanton State Historic Site: Throughout the year, art in various mediums is exhibited at Fort Stanton 104 Kit Carson Road, Fort Stanton
- Spencer Theater of the Performing Arts: The Spencer Theater houses the largest private collection of Dale Chihuly glass sculptures in the Southwest. D ale Chihuly’s variegated glass sculptures, blazing with color and squirming with life, are considered the foremost glass art in the world. 108 Spencer Rd., Alto 575-336-4800
- Hurd La Rinconada Gallery: Located on the family's ranch in San Patricio, the gallery is home to the spetacular works of three generations of the Hurd Family: Peter, Henriette Wyeth and their son Michael, and Andrew and N.C. Wyeth. 800-658-6912